So today my kids came home from being on vacation with their father. I can not even describe how much I loved seeing them, hugging them, and kissing them.
Over the last year so many people have told me," Enjoy the times when they are gone. Do something for yourself. Get a hobby." Well it is harder then anyone thinks. How do you enjoy your time doing anything when you feel like apart of you is gone? How do you become passionate about something when your heart is missing the most important thing? I do try. I am lucky to have friends that help me fill the time. One friend even called me "the every other weekend partner in crime." Although it made me laugh, I felt like a crappy friend. Because in my heart I know that I am not myself without my kids. Granted I can not focus on people or things with my kids but I still love being their frazzled, crazy mother.
Regardless they are home!!!! I love it. It was even more fun to have such a big surprise for them. Hunter! They were surprised but not as excited as I thought. They loved him from the first moment. Laura is always calling him to come into each room with her. She toke the responsibility of feeding him right away. After he cleaned his bowl, she asked if she could do it again even though it had only been 8 minutes. We attempted a walk again. Learning my lesson the last time I did not let the dog stop long enough to do his duty. I decided he would just have to wait until home where there is a shovel. Trace loved holding on to the leash. Hunter does not pull much with the new harness but he did pulled Trace. This is only because he walked so slow. I am sure they will figure it out too. On the way home from the walk Laura asked when Hunter was leaving. I said never if it was okay for her. She thought it was great idea. I guess Hunter got her consent.
As we climb into bed, I am so happy they are home. The empty feeling is gone and I look forward to the arguments and the whining for the rest of the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment