Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Day One
So yesterday had to be the worst day of pain I have ever had. Even worse then waking up with 20 staples in my tummy from 2 different c-sections. This one broke my heart kind of pain. Most of you who will read this already know but for those who don't. Trace and I crashed on the bike. Right away I do assessment on all of his body parts to see the damage. For all the crashes we have had, this one is the topper. I will never be able to explain the feeling of your heart stopping as your find you have severally hurt your child. As I discovered Trace's arm severally deformed my mind started racing. I am not the type of person who goes into panic when emergencies happen. I am the one who barks orders and scares the weak around me. My first thought was calling 911. After deciding that I could drive or really fly the 2.5 miles to the ER, I threw Trace into the car, helmet and all into his seat. The whole time yelling at Laura, "Get in the car! Get in the car!" Poor Laura does not handle any yelling well and then to have me acting like a crazy lady, more then scared her. I only ran back into the house for one thing. The frozen bag of peas. I know all you Orange County people think this must be an Amish thing but it works better then ice because it can mold to the injury. Leaving the bikes in the road, I tore out of the yard. I am not even sure if I did the seat belts. I did more then speed to the ER. I even thought about being pulled over and how I think I would just keep going. Maybe even sticking my hand out the window to tell them to just fallow me. The whole time I am trying to apologise to Laura for yelling who is more upset then Trace. Believe it or not he did not cry the whole time. Once we got to the ER, I was again telling Laura to run with me. "Run like we are in a race." So I am sure it was a site to see. I am carrying Trace and the peas running(!) with Laura fallowing me with my purse and her bike helmet still on. By the time we checked in I was sweating more then I ever had from my nerves. Trace was in shock and almost passed out. Laura was trying to cuddle, looking for comfort. That is pretty much how the next two hours went as we waited to be seen. It was the most horrible thing that I have had to go threw. Even after the C-sections I had beautiful babies to show, but this time I had pain in the eyes of my child. I truly hope no one ever has to see this personally. It was awful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Now that I'm a mom, I can understand your pain! When I talked to you on the phone that afternoon, while I was still at work, I was choking back tears for you. You are an amazing mom and did everything right in that horrible situation. You must have, because Trace was dancing around the house last night like nothing had ever happened :)
ReplyDelete