Sunday, June 20, 2010

The new man in my life.

So as I got home from my trip. I met a guy who just melted my heart from the moment I saw him. He is very out going, and kind. He has great manners and listens well. He loves to snuggle and he doesn't talk to much. He has already moved in and made himself comfortable. Most of you already know that I am talking about Hunter.

Hunter is my first dog. He is a 6 year old Beagle. He is so very cute. I am so happy that I found him. He is not a puppy so I don't have to do all the training and deal with the puppy stage. Yea!!! As the original owners left I was filled with mixed feelings. But the main thing that keep going through my mind is I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT DOGS!!!!!! What have I gotten my self into???? Thankfully the owners were very informative. They gave me lots of basic info about him. But he missed them and whinnied for about 12 hours. Now he is more comfortable.

Not long after he got here, about an hour, I had to go to a birthday party. I was so unsure of leaving him by himself. The owners said that he was house trained and that he would not chew on the kids toys, but I was not sure. We had only been together one hour. So far he had not cared about the toys and he did his business outside but I wasn't sure if I should trust him on his own. However I did it. I thought it is just stuff and let him be 0n his own for his evening party. Three and half hours later I came home to a very happy Hunter and a normal house. Not a toy gone and no accidents. I was so surprised. Yea!!! We can stay in the house by ourselves.

The next day I took him on his first road trip across town to my parents. I know you are probably laughing because yes the road trip was only 3 miles but remember I still don't know what I am doing. He hung out while I did my things and minded well. It was another success.

Tonight we even went on a walk. All day he has been pulling on his leash and pulling me. But the owner gave me this thing that goes on his nose. (I put it on backwards at first and realized that could not be right because the straps were covering his eyes.) He hated it at first and worked very hard to get it off but in the end it worked. At first I am not sure who was learning to walk on the leash me or Hunter. I did not know what I was doing. Have I said this before??? But it did not take us long to figure it out. By the end of the walk we had a rhythm. But here is where I need lots of work. I know that you need to clean up after your dog if it poops. So I was prepared with my plastic sack and we were about half way around the block and Hunter does his duty. So I am the responsible one who whips out my bag and picks it up. However I am not sure how it happened, but about half of the poop ended up in the bag and the other all over my hand!! It was so squish and smelly I started gaging. So not only did I have to carry the poop baggy home but I had to be caked in it to. I was so gross!!!

Just for the record too. I would much rather wear baby poop then dog poop any day.

Yuk!

No comments:

Post a Comment