Saturday, June 26, 2010
My Grace That I Still Haven't Gotten
So tonight I had a birthday party to go to. It was a surprise party so timing was important. Of which I am usually pretty good at but not always. Other then pulling over on the side of the road to sign the card I felt we did great on time. Invite said to be there at 6pm sharp. My kids and I pulled in at 5 minutes till. I felt good. Yea for me, until I pulled into the driveway that was completely empty. Okay so I know that it is a surprise party and lots of people were coming but where was everyone parking their cars? The guest of honor lives 10 miles out in the country so there was no other place to park except the driveway. So as I am turning around and about to leave I decide to take a chance. I run up to the door and knocked, thinking that everyone is hiding inside and can tell me what the story was. Well to my surprise the birthday guy answers. So now I am standing there thinking do I have the wrong day? How did I mess this up? Did I just mess up the surprise? Not to mention my kids and I are all dress up for a party so it wasn't like I could say we were just in the neighborhood and wanted to say hi. So thinking fast I came up with a story. His wife comes to the door not acting as anything is wrong. I tell her that I have that thing in the car that I called about. (even though she and I both know that I never called about anything.) So I had her walk out to the car to see if she "wanted it". Thankfully I did have something in the car for her to bring back into the house. It was then she told me that the party was not at their house it was at a restaurant about 15 minutes away. I am not sure how I jacked up the info, but we were still going to beat them. On the way I was thinking about how I could have done this. All I could come up with is that the return address said their house so I just assumed..... I did not even keep the invite because I wrote it on the calender and thought I know where they live so I threw it away. So there wasn't even a chance for me to double check. I know what you are thinking only me, Hayley Ralston, could blow it and save my ass in less then one minute flat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment