Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!




I hope this finds you all enjoying or enjoyed the special day with friends and family. I am on my way to the neighborhood party and am hoping that my kids are there. We will see.

Well if you talk to me on a regular bases you know that my summer project is remodeling my master bathroom. Well I guess you could say that I am about half way done. Maybe. My 3 week time frame is so far off I barely even remember what the time line was. And for the record, there is not one thing that I have done right the first time. Every thing has had to be redone at least once. I know I am learning, but it would be nice to have one thing go well. So maybe on the 6th week I will be done due to doing everything twice. We will see.

Today a neighbor came over and he said that he use to do this stuff as a side job for over 10 years. He gave me lots of helpful ideas. I was so upset about my track record I asked how much would he charge to just finish the project. I don't think he took me truely because he did not answer. I would have handed him cash on the spot if he would have done it. But he did offer to come over on his day off to help and another neighbor is going to help in the evening when he gets home from work too. So the moral of the story is I am blessed.......
I am so thankful for all of the help and then to have two neighbors stop everything to help me. I almost can't even say help because I am not much of any help these days. The heavy lifting has taken a large toll on my back and my hands. I am not able to do much and even typing is painful with meds. So I know that I am blessed and I am forever thankful for it.

Half way right(big sigh)???????
PS Posting my first pictures and not sure how to turn them. But at least they are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment