Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Worst Parent Award Goes To......

So if you know me at all, you know I have given myself this award several times. But after the bike day and the broken arm I gave myself the Lifetime Worst Parent Award. We are not talking about not feeding your kids fruit at every meal, or letting them have two Popsicles a day. I am talking about bad, really bad parenting issues. I know that all parents make mistakes here and there. But when they are dangerous mistakes, that you know are bad and then did them by mistake. For example, one of my bestest friends forgot to buckle her baby in the car seat today. Not to much of a big deal. ( I have done it to Laura. However now Laura is old enough to tell me that I am loser for not doing.) But today her daughter leaned out of the unbuckled car seat and fell the foot and half. Thankfully both are fine. But is it bad when my friends have earned their own awards too? Have I rubbed off on my friends? I hope not! Is it bad parenting when other people on the street raise an eyebrow? I hope not again. I am just trying to take each moment at a time and not kill anyone in the process. Regardless I am reminded of my award with each look at the cast or each scare I have caused. Thank Goodness that kids love unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment