These are words that are hard to hear let alone think of myself doing it. Most people can handle and even enjoy a bit of alone time. Some people need it. Others like me ( I know there are probably only a few) could not have a worse punishment. I truly can not hang out by myself for very long. Any poor sole that has ever crossed my path in the years of traveling back and forth to LA would know that I am not a solitary kind of person. I am the crazy lady who will talk there ear off and all I really stopped for was a Coke. This is also why just about everyone I know gets a call on my way to and the way back from LA. I need the social aspect. It is not that I need to talk it just the exchange and the charge I get from people.
So by now you are wondering why would I do this to myself, right? And on a holiday weekend?Well I defiantly did not do it by choice. The Friday night of Labor Day weekend I had the car packed and was even leaving 30 minutes a head of planned. As I start to on to the on ramp of the freeway, my car temperature bell comes on and dash is lit up like a Christmas tree. So thankfully I was walking distance to home but even more thankfully I have a great brother and sister who came to my rescue. And even more thankfully that I found a place that serves margaritas to calm my nerves as I waited. My car was put back together enough for me to drive the mile back home. Thank you Travis! It is home that it stayed parked for the weekend. Even my bike was not working at that point. What a bummer. I had fun plans that I had been looking forward to for months and then this happened. I was so disappointed by the situation. Then to top it off I was home, and on my own. I did not talk to anyone face to face for 48 hours. While this is heaven for many. It was hell for me. Thankfully the court BBQ was on Sunday night so I could walk there to get my social fix. Monday brought lots more interactions that filled the void and to keep me from going crazy. Please, please never make me live this again.
No comments:
Post a Comment