Okay no new news on the potty training. Actually I think that it was over excitement if there is such a thing on this road. I have only gotten him on the pot a few times since. I am not pressuring him. We only go on his request. Speaking of him, he just called me in to his room to change his wet diaper only 3 mins after I put him down. I guess we will be reading our stories on the potty yet again.
For those that are fallowing Trace's stomach issues. We had an appointment 2 weeks from today but they called to reschedule it for 4 weeks from today. I am bummed. Not that anyone looks forward to going to the docs but I do. I want to know how to make him better if possible. Also a side note, he was standing on the scale yesterday and weights 27 lbs. That is 4 lbs less then the being of summer. That means 4 less pounds of poop! Many say he is happier which I can agree to a point. I see the two year old tantrums everyday too.
Laura was recently tested the Kindergarten exit test. (It is great that one of my good friends use to be a kindergarten teacher and my daycare does this anyways.) They just use this test as a guideline to see where the child is as they start the preschool program. Then they test again at the end of the school year to see how the child has grown. The test is measuring 26 skills. Laura got 23 of 26 right. This is what they are suppose to know as they leave Kindergarten. Most parents would see this as a celebration. I see this too but I really see TROUBLE! I see her getting bored and talking to her neighbors at school. Then when the neighbor kid won't talk to her, she will start to sing to herself. (I only know this because this is me at every meeting. Well maybe not the singing part-nobody wants to hear that.) Oh well as a teacher I will see this and can challenge her more at home. I hope.....
Trace, Laura and now me. I am doing okay. I recently had a opportunity to see what my life would be without having to do drop offs and pick ups with Mac. I was surprised to see how much less stress was in my life. I did not know how much stress I had just with these exchanges. There is not arguing, yelling or anything that would make it stressful. It is the unknown I guess. I don't know how Laura will react each time which I am sure she is feeling from me. I don't know how their needs will be addressed while they are gone and etc. I am working on this but it did just prove to me that it would be better for me and maybe the kids if he wasn't around. Time will tell.
Since I am also here I would like to raise my glass for a cheers to one month of school down and 9 more to go. Is it really that bad that I am only counting down the months?
No comments:
Post a Comment