Sunday, September 26, 2010

3 in a Row

So for the last 3 weekends I have had my kids with me. Now some may say that it is not a big deal, they have their's every weekend. These people probably would also gladly give their kids away for one or a dozen weekends. But that is the difference with me. I don't get to choose to have them gone. I have them ripped out of my hands and have to look like it is a great thing as to not set a bad example for them. However I have counted my blessing and enjoyed every moment for the last three weekends. We have all had a good time. Today we finished up the afternoon at my parents swimming. Well the kids swam and I sat on the side. (It was freezing!!!) I was just thinking how much I have loved the time with them. I did not realize how much I dread the weekend they are gone or even the exchanges that happen during the week. Don't get me wrong the time is not all bliss. There are defendant times when everyone is unhappy but I love those moments too.
I guess I just need to get better at filling up the time they are gone. I hate being home without them. I am thankful that my friends and family understand this and call on me often. As I get ready for bed and think about the weekend, I place my head on my pillow with a smile of the fun things that have happened. Yea sleep until the dog falls asleep right next to me and is snoring louder then any guy. Ah, life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment