Many people might not know that the whole reason I started dating again was because "I wanted to share my life with someone." I was not really looking for relationships or love, just I guess companionship. Fortunately I was bless with a gift. I met a great man, who is everything I ever wanted and more. Okay enough with that mushy stuff.
However tonight he was busy and I had not one, but two parties to go to. I know! I too am not sure what is more surprising, that Turlock had two parties or that I was invited to both!!! Anyways, the first one was a 60th surprise party. A dear old friend of my fathers. I went and talked to many of the oldies but goodies. ( you know the parents friends that you know so well you have called them "aunt and uncle" and also know that they would take you in if ever need be. ) Well it was fine. I hung out and mingled with them. Basically I caught them up on my sister's and my life and found out what is going on in their children's lives. But I made my way out as dinner was being severed.
It was the early hour of 7:30 on a Saturday night as I find the address of second party, a wedding reception. I pull up and kinda hit myself in the head. I should have recognized the address. It was a former teacher of mine from high school's house. I later worked and got fired from her, so needless to say she is not my most favorite person. I grit my teeth and march up to the house. As I walk in I realize it a gathering of old teachers of mine. Mostly ones I can call by name but don't have a thing in common with. And here is where I started to wish I had my partner in crime. I snag the first person and only other person I wanted to say hi too,besides the bride. We chat but it is strained. Another former teacher comes to join us but she confused on who I am. I make an excuse and vacate to relieve every one's discomfort. I find a quick path to the bride and say my hello. She is happy to see me and wants me to re-meet her kids. They don't know who I am and we say our awkward hellos. She is more then busy as the bride of the reception so she leaves me in a dust of which I understand. I then stand there not having a sole to talk to-not even a date. And here is where the whole thing comes full circle. I started dating to not have to do this horrible dance again. I am not faulting him for being busy, I am just alone and wanting him to be by my side.
But more times then not he is up for any adventure I throw his way. Only he and the Lord know what crazy things we get into.
No comments:
Post a Comment