So the 2010 cast of the Nutcracker was announced this week. For the first time it was bitter sweet that I was not casted. As much as I love to preform on a stage, it is time to pass on the stage. I was very surprised to see that Laura was casted though. I was told that she needs to be 6 years old to try out. However Laura was casted as the youngest member. She is going to be a Ginger Child and lamb. This was the same part I was in last year. I almost wish I was Momma Ginger just so that Laura and I could be on stage together. But I am just to old and out of shape to be a pretty sight. Regardless I am so excited for Laura. She will be very cute in the costumes and I don't think she will get shy on stage.
I asked the directer of the studio if I could borrow the DVD just to show Laura what it was all about. She fell in love. After I showed her her part, she said she wanted to be the one in the red outfit. This was the Rose Queen-the second principle role. Her response was "Yeah, I just want to be Rosie". Then she spent the next 30 minutes dancing in front of the TV dancing like the ballerinas. It was adorable. I loved it. I can't wait for December to come.
I tried to post the video here but it is very dark. I will work on catching the next time our Clare does a local performance.
No comments:
Post a Comment